August is National Admit You’re Happy Month. Let’s take a little time to recognize how happy we truly are or can become sources of happiness for others.
I’m sure many of the items below apply to you. Continue creating happiness and beauty in your own way.
Some Ways to Boost Your Happiness:
- Write yourself an encouraging note. Stick it somewhere you’ll see it throughout the day.
- Write someone else a friendly note… just because.
- Practice positivity.
- Spend time outdoors.
- Go on an adventure. Skip the planner for a day and see where the road takes you.
- Treat yourself to a delicious carefree snack just for fun!
- Compliment a stranger. Pay it forward and see how many people’s days you can make.
- Have a dance party. In your house alone or with other people.
- Sleep all day. Take a break from work and spend an entire day lounging around in bed and relaxing.
- Donate to a cause.
- Explore your spirituality.
- Play a board game.
- Try a new hobby.
- Give a hug. Even people who aren’t touchy need a hug every now and then.
- Try a new recipe.
- Play with puppies.
- Watch a funny movie.
- Reconnect with your relatives.
- Go on a date. Because romance is fun, too.
- Get a makeover.** Go shopping, get your hair done or try some new cologne. When you look good, you feel good.
- Read a good book. There’s really nothing better.
- Go to a concert. Music speaks to the soul.
- Try meditating.
- Go out to dinner at your favorite restaurant.
- Buy yourself flowers then put them somewhere you’ll see their beauty every day.
- Write a blog.
- Watch the sunset/sunrise.
- Make a list of everything you’re grateful for and take time to appreciate it all.
- Throw a party and celebrate 31 days of happiness!
—————————————————**31. Use Avon fragrances, lotions, creams, bath oils, jewelry, and fashions to enhance and rejuvenate the body and soul.
Source of the abbreviated suggestions: http://www.freshstarthome.org