We are all faced with those little tasks that must be done but are considered low-valued ones. We know they are there, but we don’t get to them. The problems: these low-value tasks don’t go away; they can pile up; they may become stressors. What to do? Dories Clark, writing in the Harvard Business Review (February 14, 2017), suggested 3 strategies that can be implemented to help us make time for low-value tasks we tend not to get to.
1. Batch your less important tasks and accomplish them in one fell swoop, creating a sense of momentum.
2. Identify small blocks of time in your schedule. This is typically 15 to 30 minutes each day. Match these blocks of time with low-value tasks that need to be accomplished.
3. Procrastinate strategically. You want to weigh the value of the opportunity cost of doing/not doing the task and set your timeliness for getting the work done.
A high-value task: taking care of yourself.
You have 4 perks when shopping with an Avon representative.
When shopping, consider Avon and Avon Representative JDINKINS.
It’s been a wonderful week of specials for Avon customers. We have two more specials for the week: a free 5-piece fall collection with an order of $45+ and a 40% off flash sale (no code required). These offers are available at my online Avon store.
How do you measure success? Below are some quotes that reflect my thinking.
Now, one more. Why? Because I am enjoying what I’m doing–meeting people and helping them choose products to beautify their life.
What’s your “success” ?
These photos are posted in recognition of Be Kind to Humankind Week
In addition to the main brochure for Campaigns 19 and 20, these two booklets offer many products that you can get for a bargain. However, you must act fast because availability is “while supplies last.” Campaign 19 online sales last from August 19 to September 1; Campaign 20 online sales, from September 2 to 15, 2016.
At the homepage of my online store, https://jdinkins.avonrepresentative.com, click on the “shop brochure” link. This will take you to the brochure page below, where you can select the brochure.
Browse through the selections to see what AVON has to offer everyday care and for gifts.
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The sweepstakes began at 12 a.m. Eastern Time on August 2, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 31, 2016.
PRIZE (Approximate Retail Value $47.80):
- One (1) Fall Into Color Watch in Camel
- One (1) Eye Dimensions Eyeshadow in Sultry Smoke
- One (1) Nailwear Pro+ Nail Enamel in Midnight Plum
- One (1) Beyond Color Lipstick in Berry Cute
- One (1) 4-Piece Avon Senses Comforting Fig Collection Including:
- One (1) Avon Senses Comforting Fig Shower Gel
- One (1) Avon Senses Comforting Fig Body Lotion
- One (1) Avon Senses Comforting Fig Body Spray
- One (1) Avon Senses Comforting Fig Bubble Bath
- Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)
TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit Avon.com, click on the Fall Sneak Peek Sweepstakes link and follow the directions to complete and submit the entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on August 31, 2016. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address. Multiple entries will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
DRAWINGS (10): Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about September 1, 2016 from all eligible entries received.
ELIGIBILITY: OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, INCLUDING AUTHORIZED AVON INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
See complete details at https://jdinkins.avonrepresentative.com
Item code: 006-400
Some other On-The-Go Basics
- Easy-Mend Sewing Kit, $14.99
- 7-piece Tool Kit to go with Flashlight, $7.99
- Travel mug and Tumbler Set, $14.99
- 30-Piece Back-to-School Essentials, $19.99
- Bento Box Container Set with Utensils, “Notify Me” when box set becomes available
A signature look is the holy grail of personal style. It is the best starting point for any style journey. Having a signature look signifies a considerable amount of self-knowledge: you know what you like, who you are and what suits you. This confidence or rather, authenticity, enhances what you are trying to express through your look and makes it all the more powerful.
Your style journey is about who you are and how you express it via fashion, makeup, and personality. How do you describe your style? How do others describe your style? If you were asked to dress a mannequin to match your style, what would you choose? What foundation pieces? Which accessories? What color palette?
More interesting, if you asked your friends or colleagues to dress the mannequin, how would they? How would they perceive your style? Would it be true to form?
Creating your signature look means knowing who you are and choosing elements that reflect that knowledge. It’s your style. It’s your palette-statement to being beautiful in your own way.